Sunday, February 24, 2008

Multitasking Makes You Stupid

Doesn't it? Just a small rant on my part here, but bear with me. Talking on the cell phone while driving (okay I do that but with a headphone!) but I draw the line at reading, putting on makeup, or doing the crossword puzzle while driving. I've seen all of those things being done while driving.

When did it become fashionable to multitask? Our lives are so fast paced, so over-scheduled, so technology driven that I'm all for slowing down a bit. So join me in a small boycott will you? Pick two things you ordinarily do together, (reading and eating? driving and eating? talking on the phone and watching t.v.?) and for one whole week, do them separately! Wahoooo!

1 comment:

  1. There is help on the way, Tesia. See http://www.davecrenshaw.com. I saw him speak on TV about this subject and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete